Updated: Mar 25, 2020
I think we need to take a minute to appreciate how versatile and magical nuts are...from deserts to cookies to CHEESE..they give us so many options and as a plant based chica I thank and salute you my dear nuts ✌🏽... On that note..here's a recipe for some vegan gooey stretchy moxerella.
Imma be honest and say its a little sticker and mozzarella, but when melted it definitely has stretch and flavor of the real deal!
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
1 cup raw cashews
¾ cup water
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup tapioca flour
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp agar agar powder
½ tsp salt
Bowl of ice cold water with 1 tsp salt
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender until super smooth.
2. Transfer to a small saucepan and cook over medium/ low heat, whisking continuously.
3. Keep whisking, its a serious arm workout so you may want to switch hands half way through, but don’t give up ITS WORTH IT!!
4. As the mixture heats, it will start to form clumps. Keep whisking until the mixture is smooth, gooey and very thick and pulls away from the sides of the pan...wait for this. Even have a little taste because you want to avoid the grainy taste because the tapioca flour hasn't cooked down enough.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Using a small ice cream scoop, dip in oil then scoop balls of the mozzarella and drop them into the bowl of ice cold water. The balls will hold together and you’ll be able to shape them if the edges are a little ragged.
7. Store refrigerated in an airtight container. Stays fresh for about 2 days.
BONUS: Use on pizzas, salads, grilled cheese sandwiches, you can even coat in a little corn flour and pan fry almost like halloumi cheese, I’ve done this before and it’s so tasty.
♡ Prepare your dish, say a little prayer & share with love ❤️