TURMERIC OVERNIGHT CHATS (AKA CHIA & OATS) |GF|NF|
Updated: Mar 25, 2020
OMG, overnight oats are literally one of my favorite things to have ever existed in life..and yes I say this a lot, but I really do mean it about a lot of things 😂. This recipe was inspired by a dish served at one of my favorite restaurants in LA called Café Gratitude. It's so wholesome, delicious, and just yum. JUST FYI..all oats are in fact gluten free BUT if you have celiacs disease then you should use gluten free oats as sometimes oats are produced in factories where products with gluten are also made!
🍽 S E R V I N G S
5 - 6
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
2 cup oats (or oats)
¼ cup chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp turmeric (haldi)
3 cups of almond milk or any non-dairy milk product of choice
1½ tsp tsp vanilla extract
2 - 3 tbsp maple syrup or any sweetener of choice (you can adjust the quantity based on your preference)
¾ cup milk alternative
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS (feel free to go cray cray!):
-Toasted almond flakes
-Sunflower & Pumpkin seeds
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Add oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and turmeric into a bowl. Gently mix with a spoon or your hands so all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
2. Add the 3 cups of milk,vanilla extract and the sweetener
4. Place the mixture in a closed container or jar and store in the refrigerator overnight (minimum 6 hours).
5. The next morning the mix will feel a little thick so add the extra milk and stir, add more if you want it a little more runny 😊
6. Store in the refrigerator for a maximum of 5 days.
♡ Say a little prayer, do a little dance, sprinkle a little love, and serve with happiness ❤️