TINDORA CURRY WITH CHICKPEA FLOUR DUMPLINGS
MADE A TRIP TO THE INDIAN STORE LAST WEEK FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE QUARANTINE. Omg, it was the most fun thing EVER. Got me some juicy Indian mangos, some vibrant Indian veggies and a much-needed spice restock, basically the most fun day ever. So here's a result of my Indian shop extravaganza, a delightful tindora (aka ivy gourd) curry with dumplings, also tindora are little nuggets of nutrients, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant in Ayurveda it's also known to lower blood glucose levels and so recommended in patients with diabetes :)
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
2 cups tindora (ORR you can use green beans too if you have no access to tindora)
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil/coconut oil/vegan butter
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
10 curry leaves
1 tsp fresh ginger grated
1/4 tsp hing
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp turmeric
2-3 tbsp water
1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup fenugreek or 1 tbsp dried fenugreek if you don't have fresh
1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped ( do 1 cup if you don't use fresh fenugreek)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Wash those tindora real good then slice the tindora in half lengthways and then half again
2. Add your oil/butter to a pan and heat. throw in the cumin, mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them pop, lower heat and add the rest of the ingredients for the curry and mix. Leave to cook on medium heat with the lid on.
3. Meanwhile let's make the cute little dumplings, add all ingredients into a bowl, leaving the soda bicarb and apple cider vinegar as the last ones
4. Spray a little oil onto your hands then take small amounts, about 1-2 tbsp worth of the mix, and make little dumpling shapes, I prefer them oval-shaped but you do what makes you happy!
5. Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray a little oil. Add your dumplings and let them cook on low to medium heat, shaking them up and turning them regularly till they have browned evenly.
6. Once both are ready add the dumplings into the curry and mix, you can cut them up a little if you like or mash a couple into the curry.
♡ Sprinkle a whole lot of love, say a prayer of gratitude and serve with immense joy ❤️