SUNDRIED TOMATO BASIL & TOFU TART |V|OG|
Updated: Mar 24
Since I created this recipe, it has been my go-to whenever I'm taking something to a Holiday party or having guests over. You know those phases you go through where you become obsessed with one thing till you get sick of it? Well I've made this one 4 times in the past 4 weeks and lemme tell you, I aint sickaaa it yet!
Love me a dish with Mediterranean flavaaa! REALLY YUMMY!!
🍽 S E R V I N G S
1 large tart/quiche or 4 small
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
1 ready rolled shortcrust pastry or homemade oil based spelt shortcrust pastry (insert hyperlink)
350g silken tofu
400g firm tofu
2 tbsp lemon juice (fresh)
1 tbsp tahini
1 ½ tbsp yellow mustard
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 ½ tsp salt
2 tbsp liquid aminos
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
½ tsp asafetida
100g sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
100g black olives roughly chopped
50g green olives roughly chopped
350g artichokes roughly chopped
¼ cup chopped parsley
1 tbsp oregano
100g grated vegan mozeralla or cheddar
10 cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
3 tbsp pine nuts
10 basil leaves for decor
100g Miyokos mozzarella or homemade mozzarella chunks ( optional, not neccesary)
🌿 T H E M A G I C
Recipe makes large quiche or about 4 mini ones!
Note: Whether you are using the homemade pastry recipe or store bought you will need to blind bake it for about 15 minutes.
1. Line the tart tins with the dough and trim the excess pastry off with a knife. Pierce the pastry cases with a fork and refrigerate while the oven is heating up.
2. Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F fan oven (180°C / 355°F no fan). Once oven had reached desired temperature, remove your cases from the fridge and blind bake for 15 minutes.
3. Place all the filling ingredients from step 1 (listed above) into a food processor and process till smooth
4. Add oil from step 2 into a large pan and heat, add in the asafoetida, the smooth tofu mix from step 1 and all ingredients from step 3 except grated cheese (u still with me? trust me its worth it).
5. Mix and stir at medium heat till everything looks well combined, add in the grated mozerella at the end
6. Pour the mix into your tart cases, if you have any left over, make a little mini tart, or even a quiche without the pastry is SO GOOD!
7. Top with the sliced cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and chunks of mozzarella, which I kind of push into the mix so they're not sticking out, maybe 2 or 3 chunks in the mini tarts, or scattered across the large one.
8. Bake for about 40 minutes and rotate half way to make sure its evenly cooked.
9. Remove tart from the oven, add basil leaves for garnish and and allow them to cool down so the filling has a chance to set before you cut it.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: You can serve this by itself or if you wanted a sauce I recommend this simple roasted pepper and tomato sauce.
♡Say a little prayer of gratitude, sprinkle with love, and serve with a smile! ❤️