STUFFED SWEET POTATO |V|GF|GRF|NSF|
Updated: Apr 21, 2020
So I made this on our last grain-free fast (we do one every 2 weeks) and OH MY LAWD. The potatoes were sweet, caramelized, and crispy on the outside, but soft and indulgent on the inside. The filling again is grain-free. I did a lil sautèd cauliflower rice and veggie thang with a ricotta topping! You can change up the fillings however you like, this one was super simple but I've also made it on a normal day with Mexican beans cauliflower rice & guacamole..yum yum yum!
🍽 S E R V I N G S
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
3-4 medium sized sweet Potatos
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp asafoetida
½ tsp salt
½ cup celery
1 cup chopped bell peppers skinned & seeds removed and finely chopped ( or use zucchini/carrots/extra cauliflower for nightshade-free option)
3 cups cauliflower rice
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
½ cup homemade cashew ricotta, cashew sour cream or I often use Kite Hill Ricotta and it is deeeelicious!
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Bake the sweet potatoes: Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Scrub the sweet potatoes and pat dry. Drizzle a little oil over the top and prick the outsides all over with the tines of a fork. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake until fork tender (about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size.)
2. Meanwhile, prepare your filling. Roughly chop the cauliflower and add to a food processor. Pulse till it resembles rice or couscous.
3. Heat oil in a cast-iron pan and add the celery & bell peppers; sautè for a couple of minutes before adding in the rest of the filling ingredients. Continue to cook for about 5-10 minutes until all ingredients are cooked.
4. Once your potatoes are cooked ( which you can determine by piercing a sharp knife into the potato and if it goes through super easily then it is definitely ready!), take them out of the oven and make a slit down the middle like in the image above.
5. Stuff as much of the filling into each potato and top with ricotta/sour cream.
♡ Say a little prayer, do a little dance, sprinkle a little love, and serve with happiness ❤️