STUFFED PATTYPAN ZUCCHINI |V|GF|GRF|
Updated: Mar 24, 2020
So this is one of my grain free recipes...every two weeks we have a grain free day in the Vedic calendar. These are simple meals where you can appreciate the taste of vegetables and also give your stomach a little rest from digesting grains! I used pattypan zucchinis (I know how cute does pattypan sound!!!)
I've used this stuffing in butternut squash too and even with normal long zucchini. So if you cannot find the pattypan zucchinis, you can also use these as alternatives.
🍽 S E R V I N G S
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
15 pattypan zucchini
½ cup tri-color quinoa
1 tsp pure asafoetida
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup chopped fresh basil
¼ cup chopped walnuts
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup tightly packed chopped fresh spinach
½ tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
3 tbsp Vegan ricotta - Kite hill almond ricotta is my favorite store bought brand or you can use my homemade cashew ricotta recipe
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Put the whole little zucchinis into a large pot filled with water, bring to boil and cook for about 15 minutes until they're fork tender ( not too soft )
2. Once partially cooked cut off the tops and scoop out the middle (you can chop the bits you scooped out and use it in the filling too...that's some damn good zucchini there don't you be wasting it)
3. Cook quinoa
4. Prepare the filling, heat a sauté pan on medium heat, and add oil.
5. Saute asafetida, add chopped zucchini bits, and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add in the cooked quinoa and the remaining ingredients except the ricotta.
6. Stuff the filling into your little zucchinis ( be careful not to break the sides or base) and crumble ricotta on top.
7. Coat the base of a cast iron pot or a casserole dish in oil and bake the zucchinis for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Pour the warm sauce into the pot before serving.
♡Say a little prayer & serve with love ❤️