SAVORY VEG PANCAKE |V|GF|OG|NSF|AV|
Updated: Apr 1, 2020
OK SO BEFORE YOU THINK ABOUT MAKING THIS AND YOU'RE PLANNING ON MAKING IT FOR LUNCH THAT'S IN LIKE 30 MINS..JUST KNOW THAT THE MIXTURE NEEDS TO SOAK FOR ATLEAST A HALF HOUR ...
Ok we can relax now. I just know when I'm so excited to make a dish, then I get all the ingredients, and start putting it all together only to find in the directions its like OK NOW LEAVE ASIDE FOR 6 HOURS. I'm like erm...my husbands hungry. I aint got 6 hours bro!
But back to the recipe. So I've used sorghum flour in this recipe which I feel isn't a common flour so lemme talk about that for a second. Its a great GF flour, earthy, and has a sweetness to it but a similar texture to normal flour. These pancakes are definitely a go to Sunday morning brunch kinda vibe! OH and I use this mix of baking soda and apple cider vinegar when making the pancakes, it really fluffs them up and gives them an airy texture!
🍽 S E R V I N G S
makes 6 pancakes
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
¾ cup rice flour
¼ cup sorghum (juwar) flour
2 tbsp chickpea flour
¾ cup chopped coriander tightly packed
1 cup grated carrots tightly packed (or ½ carrots and ½ zucchini)
1 tsp turmeric
¼ tsp asafoetida
½ tbsp garam masala
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tbsp dried fenugreek (optional but so yummy)
¼ cup yogurt
1 cup - 1¼ water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp soda bicarbonate
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Combine all ingredients from the pancake ingredient list except the salt into a bowl and mix thoroughly
2. Cover with a lid and leave aside for minimum of a half hour to an hour
3. When you're ready to make these pancakes, add the baking soda and apple cider vinegar (watch them become friends and fizz together 😂) and mix..if it seems a little thick add a 1/4 cup more water
4. Heat up a cast iron skillet or a frying pan, bush a little oil across the pan and spread a scoop of the batter across the pan to desired size and thickness, cover with a lid and cook at medium heat for a couple of minutes..you'll know its time to flip when the upper side bubbles up and starts looking dryer, brush/drizzle a little oil on the upper side of the pancake before you flip it over
5. Place cooked pancakes on a wire rack while you make the rest, or if you're making it for a lucky someone, serve it to them hot!
3. Garnish with some coriander, sesame seeds, or nigella seeds. Serve with cilantro chutney or some vegan greek yogurt or even cashew sour cream.
♡Say a little prayer, do a little dance, sprinkle a little love, and serve with happiness ❤️