ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE
TRUUUUST ME when I say, roasted red pepper in your pasta sauce is a LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE..actually even on your pizza...its insaneeee! I actually only use this now on my pizza and it is seriously adored!
🍽 S E R V I N G S
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
1½ cup sautéed red bell pepper (or use roasted peppers if you have them or feel like making them)
2 tbsp oil
1 cup of crushed tomatoes
1 tsp mustard
⅓ cup of coconut milk
⅛ tsp asafoetida
1 tsp salt (or more as per taste)
1 bay leaf
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp dried basil
¼ cup loosely packed chopped parsley
½ tsp chili flakes (optional)
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Peel skin off the pepper & remove seeds from inside, roughly chop
2. Place oil into a pan and Sauté until soft.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, asafoetida, mustard, and coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour the sauce into a blender and pulse till smooth.
4. Pour the sauce back into the pan and add finely chopped parsley, bay leaf, oregano, and dried basil into sauce.
5. Cook on medium flame for 5 minutes
6. Best served fresh or store in an airtight jar for up to 3 days in the fridge
♡Say a little prayer, sprinkle some joy, & serve with love ❤️