Updated: Mar 24, 2020
THESE simple but useful cookies are so gooooood..actually a little too good..they're so moreish..by that I mean I finish the whole batch in a day 😏😏! But I initially created this recipe because I didn't want to use ready-made cookies for my cheesecake base. I find they have so much sugar in them SO these are PERFECT. They can also be used for normal cookies too! 😊 ALSO I'm not gonna lie and say they're the best chocolate chip cookies you're ever gonna eat, because they're not, but I will say they're really delicious and a great lower sugar and fat option. To make cookies chewy you need A LOT of sugar and fat and these are a little more crumbly. However, everyone who's tried them has loved them! :) OH and the base biscuits tastes a little like digestive biscuits - if you're from the UK you know what I'm talkinnnn bout!
🍽 S E R V I N G S
makes a base for one cheesecake OR
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
1 cup gluten free oat flour ( if you don't have the flour you can just grind up oats into a fine flour)
1 cup almond flour
3 tbsp coconut sugar / monkfruit sugar
1 tbsp flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal and 3 tbsp water)
3 tbsp coconut oil (measured hard) lemted
1 tbsp milk
Chocolate chip cookies
Add ⅓ c chocolate chips
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. Combine the flax egg ingredients in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
4. Add the coconut oil and milk to the flax egg and mix.
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine to form a smooth cookie dough. 6. Use a cookie scoop or roll/pat out into a cookie sheet and use a cookie cutter.
7. Bake about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Let cool 10 minutes.
♡ Say a little prayer, do a little dance, sprinkle a little love, and serve with happiness ❤️