JALAPENO CHEESE BREAD
Updated: Dec 6, 2020
DREAMSSS, literally what my dreams are made of...fluffy bread..cheese..jalepenos OMG DREAM!!! so the base of this dish reminds me of deep pan pizza hut pizza, thick crust..crispy on the outside fluffy on the inside. And the top reminds me of something i used to make when i was younger chilli cheese toasties!!! But this dish is inspired by something i saw another recipe creator make on instagram her name was curiious chickpea! so i thought i would re create it myself BECAUSE I WOULD BE DOING AN INJUSTICE TO MYSELF IF I DID NOT :)
Serves:1 large chilli cheese bread
Prep time: 20 minutes (+1 hour prooving time)
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
3 1/2 cup flour
1 pack yeast
1 1/3 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
1 cup grated Miyokos mozerella ( or mozerella of choice)
1/2 cup follow your heart shredded mozerella
3-4 tbsp kite hill ricotta
10-15 fresh jalepeno slices
Herby Butter for Chilli Cheese bread
4 tbsp butter room temperature or melted
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp pure hing
1/4 tsp salt
🌿 T H E M A G I C
Prepare the dough. If you are using store bought dough make sure to take it out of the fridge at least 1 hour before using it.
To make the dough from scratch, place the yeast, and sugar into a bowl. To make sure the water is at the right temperature i usually mix 1 cup of hot water with 1/3 cup of cold water. to double check you can put your finger into the water and it should be on just on the verge of uncomfortable! There also the wrist test...OH WHAAAAT U DUN KNOW ABOUT THE WRIST TEST.. 😂 WELL...
'Drizzle a few drops of your water onto the inside of your wrist. If it is warm and comfy for you, then it will no doubt be warm and comfy for your yeast too. However, if it is not warm and instead feels hot, it most likely will be too hot for your yeast to survive.'
3. Leave aside to activate and meanwhile, In a large bowl add the flour salt and oil, give it a good mix. When the yeast is fizzy and frothy at the top you know you got it right!!! Pour into the flour slowly bring together into a stickyish large ball.
4. sprinkle a little flour onto your worktop or a surface to kneed the dough. Kneed the dough for a couple of minutes about 10 stretches with each hand to be precise! then Grease a large bowl with a little oil and place the dough into the bowl. cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a wet cloth and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Preheat your oven at the highest temperature ( mine was 455f). The key to a crispy crust and melted gooey vegan cheese is the long preheating phase of around 1 hour!
5. meanwhile prepare your topping. Add all the ingredients for the butter into a bowl and mix. Leave aside and grate your cheese (sometimes with the Miyokos butter i find it grates easier if i have had it in the fridge for about 10 minutes or so!)
6. Once ready, Take the dough out of the bowl and place onto your greased cast iron skillet (or pizza tray). Press down and spread with your fingers ( as shown above in the images) keep pushing outwards to the sides of the pan till evenly spread.
7. Brush on half the butter glaze and then layer with jalapenos then a cheese layer then some more Jalapenos and the rest of the cheese and lastly, pour on the remaining herb butter and sprinkle some extra dried herbs if ya fancy
8. Place into the middle rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until you see the edges brown and the cheese melt!
9. Take out of the oven ( be careful cast iron pans get EXTREMELY HOT!!!) and use a spatula to remove from the pan onto a cutting board. cut into slices or squares.
10. You can serve it with some marinara sauce on the side but i personally think it is perfect on its own!
♡ sprinkle with love, Say a prayer of deep gratitude for every person and thing that has allowed for this dish to arrive at your table and eat with joy!!!