CHICKPEA, SPINACH & COCONUT MILK CURRY
Updated: Mar 26, 2020
A simple and easy curry to start with if you're new to the curry world! I use my nightshade free sauce in this recipe but if you want to use tomatoes you can substitute it in. 😊
🍽 S E R V I N G S 4 servings
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
2 cups chickpeas (Ideally dried chickpeas soaked & cooked, OR boxed over canned always!)
1 cup cabbage shredded/finely chopped
1 cup nightshade free sauce (or crushed tomatoes/passata)
1 ½ cups coconut milk
1 cup chopped chard or spinach
2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp mustard seeds
⅛ tsp asafoetida
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ginger crushed
10-15 curry leaves (optional if you have it handy)
1 tsp chana masala /garam masala
1 tsp mums masala (or another tsp Garam Masala)
1 tbsp kasoori methi
1 tsp salt
Coriander to garnish
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Heat oil in a heavy base pot on medium heat.
2. Once heated, add cumin & mustard seeds and let them pop. Next, add in your ginger, curry leaves, cabbage & asafoetida and saute on medium heat for a couple of minutes till the cabbage softens.
3. Add in the chickpeas, coconut milk, nightshade free sauce and the remaining spices, place lid on and simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to marinate.
4. Once cooked, take off the heat and mix in the chopped spinach
5. Garnish with chopped coriander.
BONUS: I recommend serving with the spelt flour roti!
♡Sprinkle a little love, Say a little prayer & eat with gratitude ❤️