CHICKPEA (DARE I SAY FALAFEL) BURGERS |GF|NF|
Updated: Mar 24, 2020
Look, falafel is a seriously delicious dish which I would not want to taint by labelling this with the same name, I absolutely adore falafel and this burger is definitely inspired by it but FALAFEL IS FALAFEL and you can't jus throw that term around like confetti, so lets say this burger is inspired by falafel but not quite falafel 😂
🍽 S E R V I N G S 4 Burgers
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
100g diced carrots
100g diced celery
370g chickpeas (boxed)
1 tsp smoked paprika or chipotle powder
½ tsp roasted cumin
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp asafoetida
1½ tsp salt
1½ tbsp corn starch
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Finely chop carrots & celery.
2. Add oil to a frying pan and heat. Once warm, add the asafoetida and celery. Sauté for a coupe of minutes.
3. Add carrots and sauté till soft.
4. Drain the box of chickpeas and add them to a food processor with the cooked carrots, celery mix, and the remaining ingredients. Process it till combined.
5. If the mix feels too wet, add a little more flour or a tbsp of breadcrumbs.
6. Take ⅓ cup of the mix and mold into patties.
7. Heat a frying pan brush with oil and place patties onto pan. Cook both sides for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
8. For crispy burgers, lay parchment paper onto a baking tray, brush with oil and then place patties into a preheated oven at 400˚F for another 15 minutes.
Feel free to serve with your toppings of choice. I have added sliced tomatoes, avocado, and lettuce.
♡ Say a little prayer of thanks, sprinkle some love, & serve with a smile ❤️