This is such a delicious starter/appetizer. Fennel is such a fragrant, crisp & light vegetable. If you need a light refreshing starter before a large main dish, then definitely consider making this! According to Ayurveda, fennel is sweet and stimulating and has both warming and cooling properties, a perfect combination to stimulate the appetite ready for the mains!
🍽 S E R V I N G S
⏰ T I M E
Prep Time: 5 MINUTES
Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
Total Time: 25 MINUTES
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
4 medium fennel bulbs
2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp asafetida
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
1 cup coriander
1 cup thick vegan yogurt (I use Kite Hill greek unsweetened)
1 tsp lemon
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Wash your fennel, chop the top stalks away, and cut into quarters.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them pop and brown.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the pumpkin seeds.
4. Continue to cook on medium heat, turning as needed, until golden brown for about 10-15 minutes. If you're like me and prefer a crispy finish, turn up the heat near the end to get that charred feel, but be sure to pay attention and turn them over fast; there's a thin line between charred and just burnt 😂.
5. Add all the sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend till smooth
6. Serve hot or cold and sprinkle the roasted pumpkin seeds as garnish
♡ Say a little prayer, do a little dance, sprinkle a little love, and serve with happiness ❤️