CARAMELIZED PEAR & CHOCOLATE TART
Updated: Mar 25, 2020
There are some people (my husband) who believe that once you add fruit to a dessert it can no longer be classified as a dessert...You know what I say to those people? (Cough cough...my husband) YOU STOOPID.
And so here i am, introducing my indulgent DESSERT..chocolate ganache tart with my juicy spiced caramelized pears and toasted pistachio crumble. If you can't handle the complex flavor combination either well then..YOU STOOPID TOO...and we shall work on this together.
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
1 cup oat flour
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut oil
½ tsp sea salt
2 tbsp maple syrup
Chocolate Ganache filling
1½ cups coconut milk ( the cream part on-top)
450g (16 ounces) dark chocolate*, roughly-chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 Tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
5 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp orange zest
2 Bosc pears (peeled, cored, and chopped)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Handful of Roasted coarsely ground pistachio to dust
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/175˚C.
2. Pulse oats and almonds together in a food processor till ground into flour.
3. Add coconut oil, salt and maple syrup. Pulse till mixture looks like wet sand.
4. Firmly press into bottom of a 9 inch tart tin with a removable base and up the sides of tart pan.
5. Bake until crust is golden brown approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and let it sit and cool for about 15 minutes.
Chocolate Ganache Filling
7. Meanwhile, as the crust is baking, heat the coconut milk on the stovetop
8. Add dark chocolate pieces, vanilla extract & salt. Stir till all chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
9. Pour mixture into the tart crust and chill in the fridge until the filling is set (usually takes about 2 hours).
10. Heat a large sautè pan over medium heat.
11. Melt the butter and add the pears, cook for about 5 minutes.
12. Add the sugar, zest & cinnamon and continue to cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until the pears are soft (I usually don't like to make them too soft. I like a bite to them).
13. Remove tart from fridge after its had a little time to set then press the pear slices onto the surface.
14. Top with pistachio dust.
♡ Say a little prayer, do a little dance, sprinkle a little love, and serve with happiness ❤️