Updated: Mar 26, 2020
In the Vedic calendar, there is a grain free fast every two weeks. Buckwheat pancakes are often my go-to breakfast or desert on those days! Fun fact, buckwheat sounds like a grain but it is actually a seed!
🍽 S E R V I N G S
6-8 medium pancakes
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
1½ cup buckwheat flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup apple sauce
1¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tbsp coconut oil
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Mix all the wet ingredients together except the apple cider vinegar.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Heat a non stick pan on medium flame .
5. Add the apple cider vinegar to the pancake batter and whisk mixture.
6. Dab a little coconut oil onto the pan and spoon ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto the heated pan.
7. Once the pancake starts bubbling and drying on the top flip it over for a couple of minutes till golden brown.
8. Sprinkle with toppings of choice, I made my berry compote, almond butter, maple syrup and some toasted walnuts (my hubby likes cashew cream and a whole lotta maple syrup!)
♡ Sprinkle some lurve, say a prayer of gratitude, & serve with gratitude ❤️