Updated: Mar 25, 2020
So here's something FACINATING (to me)..GLUTEN FREE doesn't mean it's going to be GRAIN FREE but GRAIN FREE will always be GLUTEN FREE ...you're welcome 🤗...so these are my go to cookies for my grain free days (I do these once every fortnight).
These actually taste like a cookie/biscuit (scone to the brits), its a lil cakey a lil crumbly a lil moist a lil of everything u want...
🍽 S E R V I N G S
Makes approx 8 cookies
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
1 cup light buckwheat flour
1 cup almond flour
⅓ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal with 3 tbsp water)
⅓ cup coconut oil melted
½ tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp jam (I use Dalfour Jam in the UK or Trader Joe’s brands as they have no added sugars, just the sweetness from the fruit)
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Preheat the oven to 175˚C/350˚F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the buckwheat flour, almond flour, baking powder & soda
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flax meal and water until thick
4. Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup & apple cider vinegar and mix well
5. Make a well in the center of the dry mix and pour in the wet mixture
6. Mix everything together to form a smooth cookie dough
7. Fill half an ice cream scooper and scoop out the cookie dough onto the baking sheets about an inch apart. Use your thumb to press an indent into the middle of each cookie and fill this with a little or a lot of jam.
8. Bake the cookies in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until slightly golden around the edges.
9. Once cooked, leave the cookies on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
♡ Say a little prayer of gratitude sprinkle with love and serve with joy ❤️