BAKED VEGAN CHEESECAKE - PEACH STREUSEL
This is a recipe to celebrate summer peach season!! But tbh the cheesecake is so versatile you can have whatever topping you like! I guarantee you no one will know its vegan, or I should actually say they'll know its vegan because ITS SO DAMN GOOD!!! Vegan deserts can be daunting at the start but really once you get used to the substitutes it feels like a real achievement create something so delicious and plant based!!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR YOU ALL TO TRY THIS!!!!
I N G R E D I E N T S
200g cookies of choice ( i used simple mills toasted pecan ones) OR you can use my oat almond flour cookie recipe from my website
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup cashews (soaked overnight or quick soaked for 4 hours in hot water)
1/2 cup coconut cream*
1/2 cup agave syrup/maple syrup
1 tbsp corn starch
230-250g plain vegan cream cheese (Tofutti or kite hill work well in the USA)
4 tbsp lemon juice
2-3 medium peaches sliced
¼ cup salted butter
½ cup coconut sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp grated lemon zest
1 cup almond flour
1 cup oat flour
½ cup melted butter
½ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup chopped pecans
Maple syrup to drizzle
T H E M A G I C
1. Chop your peaches or nectarines into slices
2. Heat butter in a pan and add your peaches, cook on low heat, stir regularly to avoid sticking or burning for 5 minutes
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat
Place cookies into a food processor and blend till it’s sand texture the pour in the butter and pulse till the mixture looks like wet sand. Leave aside while you prepare the filling
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend till silky smooth.
Youll prepare this while the cheesecake is cooking. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and leave it aside till cheesecake is cooked then spread it on parchment paper and once the cheesecake is cooked bake it at the same temperature for 10 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350F (176 C)
2. In a 6" cake tin press the cookie base onto the bottom
3. Pour in half the cheesecake filling layer half of the peaches and then pour the rest of the filling ontop
3. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. and prepare your streusel topping while it bakes!
You'll know when its done when you see the edges start to look dry and when you shake it the centre a little jiggly but not liquidy.
4. Remove from the oven and and let rest for 15 minutes at room temperature, leave uncovered and place it in the fridge for about 60 minutes, then cover it up and leave for another 5 hours or ideally overnight!
5. When you're ready to serve, place the remaining caramalised peaches ontop and sprinkle the streussel topping generously!!
Sprinkle some love, Say A prayer of gratitude and Serve with Joy 💛
Serving Suggestions: You can serve on its own or with a pourable cream, try my sweet cashew cream if ya fancy!
Storage: Store in airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge
- Place a can of coconut milk into the fridge for a couple of hours and use the coconut cream that hardens at the top of the can after you open it