ALOO TIKKI BURGER |GF|NF|
Updated: Apr 24
'Aloo' potato, 'tikki' pattie, 'burger' erm burger 😂. So this burger has a bit of a Indian street food vibe going on. Let me set the scene for you.. Indian street food walks into a meditation class ( because bars are no longer the cool place to meet☺️) and meets western fast food. They get along, fall in love, appreciate each others differences, and decide to use their cultural differences to bring something positive into the world...(drum roll please)
I introduce to you the product of this beautiful match made in food heaven...ALOO TIKKI BURGER.
🍽 S E R V I N G S
🥗 I N G R E D I E N T S
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp crushed ginger
10 chopped curry leaves
4 cups of chopped potato (yellow potatoes preferred)
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp salt
½ chopped green chili (optional)
1 tsp amchur powder
1/2 tbsp garam masala
1½ cup peas
1 tbsp corn or potato starch
*Picture of chopped potatoes
🌿 T H E M A G I C
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan. Once heated, add cumin seeds until and saute till fragrant and brown
2. Add crushed ginger, green chili and chopped curry leaves.
3. Add potato, peas, turmeric, green chili, amchur powder, garam masala and salt.
4. Sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat then place the lid on and Cook until soft, check and stir every 5 minutes to make sure they are't burning or sticking to the base of the pan
6. Remove mixture into a medium sized bowl and sprinkle in the starch, leave aside to cool while you prepare your chutneys/sauces and toppings. I reccomend the tomato chutney, grilled cabbage and the coriander mint mayo for a the perfect balance of flavors!
5. Once cool, form into patties using 1/4 - 1/2 cup measurements depending on desired size!
6. Heat a flat cast iron pan or frying pan at medium heat and drizzle some oil. Place your patties on the pan for about 3-5 minutes either side or until browned and crispy
7. Assemble your burgers with your preferred sauces
♡Sprinkle a little love, say a little prayer, and nourish yourself ❤️